Monday, May 18, 2015

Aaron's Beach










After spending most of Saturday doing physical labor entailing shovels, rakes, weeds, rose bushes, hedge clippers and mulch spreading, I declared Sunday a Do Nothing Day and spent the afternoon lounging on Aaron's Beach.


















Although you can't tell in these pictures, the beach was the most crowded I've seen in a long time.

"Crowded" defined in Mathews terms means more than two other people were on the beach.  Normally I come here and don't see a soul.  And that's just fine by me.

I chose a desolate spot right under those trees off in the distance.








Just one hour of solitude listening to nothing but the water gently lapping the shore was all it took to rejuvenate me.


















































After my beach therapy, I met Chesapeake Bay Daughter for lunch, returned home for a nap and then awoke to what felt like a gall bladder attack.  Frantically searching the internet for home remedies, I choked down some apple cider vinegar, took a hot bath, and then, just as I'd convinced myself a hospital trip would be imminent, it all went away.   Crisis averted.  Thankfully. But it will be a long time before I eat a hamburger and french fries again, I can tell you that.

Anyway.

Saturday night's gathering at Williams Wharf was the other bright spot in the weekend.  There was music, dancing, wine, good food and good company. A near-perfect evening.

Alas, it's all over now.  Next on the list is to get through another work week and prepare for Memorial Day weekend, when good friends will descend and help me laugh my way through the unofficial start of summer.

I can't wait.





3 comments:

Bob Braxton said...

Mulch ado, juvinate, likewise for me - I thought "gall bladder" - which my younger sister (1952) had had (she proudly showed me her stones in a jar). I have eaten similar meal. In fact, I think we had been driving back to Fairfax from Mad Calf lane. Now I am 70 years old and this was not all that long ago. Turns out (eventually) for me it was kidney stones, of which I have now been treated (twice) the right side, waiting and seeing the left side. However, my greatest symptom was the feeling of nausea, also went away.

Anonymous said...

Those photos are restorative in themselves.
Love the expressive driftwood tree stump remains, too.
LLC

Susan Moorhead said...

What a beautiful place you live in. Great photos.