Monday, June 2, 2014

Beaches














Once again the weather this past weekend was just wonderful. I had the privilege of joining high school friends on boating adventures that took us to New Point Saturday and Winter Harbor on Sunday. Saturday's excursion was in honor of my friend Glenda's 50th birthday, which was a blast.  

















Sunday, her children (and she, but they made the phone call) 
invited me to join them on another boating/beach adventure.

(I've grown so fond of her children these past two days, I'm drawing up adoption papers.
Son will be leaving for college in a few short months, this works out perfectly.)





































































Glenda and Billy


The first shot above is from Saturday's New Point Birthday Extravaganza.

(Many more photos from that day and a little story about a boat ride gone almost awry will be forthcoming.) 

The rest of these are from Sunday's Winter Harbor Beach Day, which was much more low key but just as much fun and included friends Lisa, Craig, and their children Malia and Luke.

My thanks to Glenda and Billy (and to Glenda's adorable children) for inviting me along for the ride.

I definitely enjoyed it.

Hope your weekend was a great one.



2 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

My niece at the BC coast reported a beach day on Facebook. I'm jealous. We've had hot weather, but it is far from beach season here, even if we had a beach, which we more or less don't.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and the photos prove it.
Hugs to your mom from me.
Luv, K

Julie Ferguson said...

I can't wait to hit the beaches in your area in a couple of weeks.